Sunday, February 19, 2012

Night Time in Stone Town

NOTE: I have added a few shots from tonight's experience in the Stone Town album

Just got back from dinner at the rooftop of 236 Humurzi. Thought I would do a quick update before taking off for the beach tomorrow. If you ever decide to go to this restaurant, go for sunset and order drinks. The food was not worth the money. The music was fine and of course I danced a bit. The other people were interesting to talk to, but overall not really worth it. One thing that was cool, at sunset the Hindu Temple rang a series of bells and then the Mosques chimed in with their prayers through the loudspeakers. It is a very different atmosphere another experience to hold with us for along time.

We left the restaurant and walked through the park - all the foodies were still there. Got some shots of the food bizarre and also the playground which is very cool. They even have video games and tv's in there for the kids.
making sugar cane juice

Sorry if my writings go on too long - as I like to say "Steve King disease". But there is so much to take in and I don't want to forget a second of it. I expect things should slow down somewhat, now that we are on our way to the beach. Hoping we do nothing more than snorkel and sit by the pool, maybe G will try to fish.. I appreciate those of you who read every word and look at every photo, but please do not feel compelled to. Editing is tough and as you probably can tell I do not even have time to proof read.

Hakuna Matata

Next time...The Spice Tour to Nungwi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your message in box below. Go down to COMMENT AS - hit arrow and choose your account or just click on NAME (ignore URL)or ANONYMOUS and hit PUBLISH. You should see "Your comment was published".