NOTE: NEW photos in the Usa River Album
 |
| Usa Village |
The forest tour turned out to be a Usa Village tour. Somewhere along the way, I misunderstood something. But no worries. We took a short nap and woke up in time to meet Frank, our local guide for the tour. Also spent some in the morning getting our room in shape - ie fixing the toilet (which was dripping all night) and procuring a fan. I have to say that the staff jumped at the ready whenever we requested something. The crack maintenance team fixing the toilet, no problem. A fan was brought to the room immedately after requesting it. Great service and we really appreciate it.

Frank showed up somewhere around the scheduled time and we all headed out down the dusty road. The whole tour took about an hour and a half. There are some pictures in the Usa Photo Album on left. The highlight was the orphanage. Those kids were absolutely adorable, friendly, and very well behaved. Moody, the administrator gave us then grand tour. We chatted for a while and gave him our card plus a donation. He promises to keep in touch.
Hiked back to the lodge and sat and watched the animals some more. Apparently the lodge keeps these guys well fed. There was more activity this afternoon around the watering hole. Relaxed for a bit and then headed to the room to shower. I am now sitting in the lounge waiting for dinner with a wonderful Kilimanjaro Brew - yum!
Tomorrow we go to the Tangere Market and the Mulala Women's Collective. I am excited about doing this but I am also anxious to get on the road for safari. We keep hearing all these stories and seeing everyone elses pictures.
Next time . .. Mulala Mama
We have an expression "TIA" i.e. "This is Africa" to explain things like the forest tour being a village tour and vice versa. It's kind of similar to a Carribean vibe..."go with the flow" kind of thing. Hopefully the toilet flow problem stays fixed :-)
ReplyDeleteWait let me check my bags. I tell you it was very tempting to bring one of those little guys home.
ReplyDelete