Dinner was absolutely delicious and we found out that our dinner is included with our master grand villa so no worries on ordering one meal. Even though it was plenty of food. Fell asleep with a cool breeze and woke up in Paradise. No we have not changed rooms. In fact, we are thinking about renting out the top floor of our villa. The private pool is a very special treat.
There are only 3 other couples here and the place is very quiet which is great. After breakfast, we headed down the beach with John and Susan from Kent, England. You can walk the beach to the village at a leisure pace and it takes about 30 minutes or so. When we turn the bend, there are resorts lining the stretch. Most of them are huge with blaring music with the bass beat - and it is not even noon! We are definitely getting old. Never made it into the village, but stopped on the beach at the Waves for an iced coffee.
There are hundreds of dhows lining the flats waiting for the tide to come in and then they take their boats out. The women comb the flats in the low tide for mollusks and trap small fish and octopus. You can see them beating the octopus on the beach to tenderize them. Got back to the villa around noonish and basically did nothing but read, swim and lay around.
Ok, I have to admit something now that I have been in denial for about 3 days. I have a cold. It is a real pip. And, yes Diane, I am taking Zycam like crazy. So either it is not working, or I would be much, much sicker than I am. I have to say that if I have to have the sniffles, this is the place to do. Don't have to do much. Although we did arrange a snorkeling trip for tomorrow. I hope I feel somewhat better by then. They do not have much in the way of supplies at this hotel, so when I asked for a box of tissues, they handed me a package of napkins! At least they are the big ones.
Next time...Mnemba Island
So jealous, so glad you're having great weather & great trip. I know what you mean by the blaring hotel music. I have experienced it also at resorts. I don't get it. Would much rather hear the sounds of nature. I don't believe it's an age issue, but you may be right.
ReplyDeleteHope your cold is receding. Good reason to sit in the sun though, not that you need a reason.
Save Journey. xoxo
Hi Sorry to read of the sinus problem. Hope it's receeded and you're feeling up to snuff (nopunintended) but know you like them.Great photos of everything,aren't we having a good trip! Dancing with whom? Best to both. Glad you got that glitz fixed. XO AuntieB.
ReplyDelete